Maemo x 10
Thank Baris GUADEC is approaching and I will get a dose of Mediterranean again. You know, the smell and the rhythm. I need to throw here some Maemo related stuff in order to alleviate the weight of my backpack before flying South:
- Maemo and Nokia BoF is one of the first GUADEC sessions. Instead of an agenda I’m bringing a microphone to record and publish the discussion. Post here questions or comments if you wish.
- The extras repository sources autobuild tyranny initiated with the Maemo 4.1 release is still doing some pain. And a lot of good. The guys on top are brave and they got all our support.
- Maemo brand, finally defined. Feedback is welcome. The proposal has gone through some rounds and we expect to have it approved by 2008-07-22.
- maemo.org logo contest. Impressive amount of contenders and submissions. After only 56h a good winner was assured, and the quality is improving. Now we only miss a jury.
- wiki.maemo.org flies now on top of a MediaWiki. Can’t avoid thinking that one year ago I was perhaps too polite. Anyway, all lessons are learned for good.
- maemo.org development process, now totally open as in transparency and involvement. Hopefully the core fellows will get community help for the 100 Days Action Plan.
- I do need help in three interrelated tasks: Maemo_contributions, Upstream projects and Remarkable community projects. If you could just add a bit of information in a single edit, that would be great.
- The Maemo Summit, of course: Berlin, September 19-20. I’m willing to announce the open registration since 2 weeks ago but every day seems to be a one day delay. Soon.
- Not off-topic: frankly speaking I expected more buzz or questions about Symbian. Don’t get me wrong, it’s ok. Thanks to this I have been able to focus on some real work. 😉
- And 1H2008 is gone. These days I’m de Rodríguez with more time to read/write/discuss with some of the great engineers in our team. The advice they give me is Maemo has the community it deserves. Probably this will be my main Food for Thought in 2H.
Istanbul, here I come again.
Filed under: maemo |
Tags: Berlin, brand, community, contest, diablo, GUADEC, logo, maemo, maemo summit, MediaWiki, Shannon, Symbian, upstream, wiki